The Problem with Slacks
Friday, January 13, 2006
This is the second installment in a series titled, "Things You Hang Around Your Waist".

When wearing jeans, I have no problem finding somewhere to wipe my hands. In fact, as long as the substance-to-be-wiped is not an incredible amount of blood (or other bodily fluid), mustard, grape juice, or other hard-to-treat stain, I instinctively go to the denim napkin, or denkins.

The great thing about jeans these days is that people want them to look bad. To prove my point, go to any "fashionable" store or celebrity and look at the jeans they have. Holes. Patches. Soon you'll be seeing realistic stains so I can finally wipe mustard on my denkins.

The problem with slacks is that they're supposed to look clean and sharp. Professionals do not have time to look cool with big gaping holes and shredded pockets. Now that I'm wearing slacks more often than jeans, I'm having a hard time resisting the instinct.

...and that, my friends, is likely the exact dialogue that invented the handkerchief. Unfortunately, the original inventors did not have the foresight to make the handkerchief out of denim. A denkinchief, if you will.

4 Comments:

Blogger Dear Lovey Heart said...

ah yes the denkin what a marvolous invention, keep up the good work.

1/13/2006 4:27 PM  
Blogger Clint said...

Thanks for the encouraging words, dlh, but I'm not sure what you're talking about when you're using words like "good" and "work".

1/13/2006 5:22 PM  
Blogger Dear Lovey Heart said...

continue enriching my life with your enjoyable diatribes that you frequently post on this site. hows that?

1/14/2006 2:58 AM  
Blogger Clint said...

Dear dear lovely heart,

I'll try.

Love,

Clint

1/14/2006 3:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home