Delayed Eureka
Friday, November 18, 2005
Sorry, I posted that last thought as I was leaving work and wasn't on top of my game. Just realized I missed a prime opportunity.

I've just coined a new phrase.

Its popularity may hinge on my dog-heater idea's usage, but I think it's catchy all the same. I may even start using it.

Let's say your friend is going to get married tomorrow. He's extremely nervous and thinking about backing out. What advice should you give?

"Slip them under the dog, man."

It's a little phrase that you can use when someone has figurative cold feet: "Slip them under the dog."

I'm not sure exactly what you're suggesting, though, in a literal sense. Might be more helpful if you could tie your advice to something the worrier could actually use.

Regardless, I believe I'll start using it. At the least it may calm someone down enough that they don't cry and make you uncomfortable.

11 Comments:

Blogger Clint said...

Yes, that does make it sound less appropriate. It has a sexual or drug-related flavor without the 'under'.

11/19/2005 12:43 AM  
Blogger Phil said...

You could "slip them between two pillows" as John Candy did in Planes, Trains, and Automobiles.

11/19/2005 12:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

enderc, I see from your previous posts that you like to make up words and then later provide the definitions. However, I didn't see the definition for "undoubtably"??
:)

11/19/2005 1:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So enderc, basically what i read there was "blah, blah, blah, I'm an idiot!"
Would you undoubtably agree that is what you were saying, more or less?

11/19/2005 2:36 PM  
Blogger Clint said...

Phil: Pillows don't radiate heat like a large dog. They would be far less effective. You can also try "slip them under your wife", but that usually ends up getting me kicked.

freckles: enderC provided the definition you requested. Hopefully your name calling is in good fun.

11/19/2005 3:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, of course it is. I just love giving him a hard time!! But, that's sweet of you to make sure.
:)

11/19/2005 6:40 PM  
Blogger Clint said...

Then let the name calling continue!

11/19/2005 6:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Question enderc - Do you ever use complete sentences with actual words? Like words that you haven't made up and created definitions for??

11/19/2005 10:29 PM  
Blogger Clint said...

enderC has a fan club!

11/19/2005 10:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah Clint, don't worry. I'd be more than happy to make fun of you too! :)

11/20/2005 1:08 AM  
Blogger Clint said...

Oh, you're just saying that to try and make me feel better. I appreciate the sentiment, though.

11/20/2005 1:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home