Fashionless in Seattle
Monday, August 07, 2006
I recently discovered a fashion blog titled, "The Sartorialist". Viewing it, I can't help but wish that I had well-worn suits and stylish jackets. Money is often an obstacle in this endeavor, as is my lack of good taste. My wife was once commanded by a salesman: "Do not let him wear tubesocks with this suit." I shook my head, but silently made a mental note.

The t-shirt-and-shorts guy in me sees the same photos and says, "That looks hot." There is a reason I don't wear sweaters, even though I think they look good on me. I'm a sweater. As in, "one who perspires", not the clothing article's version of "wooly thing that makes you perspire". Heavy clothing is fine if you're planning on standing outside during the winter, but I invariably walk inside at some point and loathe my second skin.

I wear what's comfortable. Oftentimes, this is an old t-shirt, any shorts that still have a button, and a pair of cheap flip-flops. I may have to start hiding these shirts 'Anne Frank'-style soon, as my wife squints evilly every time they adorn me. Moreso than usual.

5 Comments:

Blogger vandorsten said...

i get to run around in nothin but a diaper. woooo!

8/07/2006 3:51 PM  
Blogger vandorsten said...

Hahaha - that was awesome. I can relate. I am a fashion nincompoop. In fact, i only recently learned that in formal business attire, one's belt and shoes should match. Or was it socks and tie? Cufflinks and shoelaces? Aw, shoot - i'll go ask my wife.

8/09/2006 1:19 PM  
Blogger Clint said...

v.d, here's the real kicker:

Once you figure out the fashion "rules", you're not hip anymore. The REAL fashionistas mix-and-match their shoelaces and cufflinks.

Yeah, shoelinks are all the rage right now.

(I'll avoiding abbreviating your name in the future.)

8/09/2006 1:23 PM  
Blogger anywherebutTX said...

At least you check to make sure that your shorts actually do have a button.... That's a start!

8/10/2006 1:38 PM  
Blogger Clint said...

I'm not sure why buttons hate me so much, I'm not overweight by any standard definition, but they pop off all the time.

My wife tells me to stop man-handling them, but I assure her that I am nothing but a gentleman.

8/10/2006 1:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home